Monday, January 23, 2012

Basement

Wednesday night I caught Cade playing with paint in his bedroom, it was all over him and his bedding.  Luckily (or unluckily as you read on) we have a laundry tub in the laundry room and so I tossed it in there and started soaking it.  Then I grabbed Cade and tossed him (less figuratively) in the bath tub, then got him in his PJ's and put him to bed.  Next I crawled into bed and had just turned my mind off when I heard Kyle screaming from the laundry room.  My mind was already shut off, so I honestly had no clue what the problem was.  If you havnt figured it out by now - the laundry sink had overflowed and clearly the faucet was still on.  I grabbed all the towels in the linen closet and tried to get the mess contained.  Obviously I was very naive to believe that the laundry room was the only victim.  Kyle went downstairs to make sure the mess hadnt made its way down there.  And when I heard the yelling, I knew it had.  Not only had some water made its way down there...it was STILL RAINING when I ran down there.  My first thought...s&*t...then after that was what can I get to catch the "rain"...because clearly stopping the next gallon of water was going to save our ceiling, couch, and projector.  Lol.  I grabbed Cades truck, and two coolers.  Im sure you are figuring out that those did not save anything.  While Kyle stood there in awe, second guessing why he married me :) I got on the phone with insurance. 

At 1am Service Master walked in to begin the drying stage.  1 huge vacuum truck, nine commercial fans and a humidifier later placed. they exited at 3am.  All the while I watched - wondering how I could turn back time.  I also wondered how in the world I was going to sleep that night with all the fans going.  It was like a tornado inside our house.  The next day at 7am we examined the damage and realized our bamboo floors had also suffered.  3 commercial mat vacuums were placed and the noise level increased. 

The kids were so confused.  Camdyn kept saying that mommy spilled water.  Yeah honey, something like that.  Needless to say the house is no longer "wet", the fans are out but we are left with a few damages.  The ceilings, the wood floors, the projector, the couch and a little bit of drywall.  I just keep telling myself that things could be worse.  Our car could break down too.  Oh wait that did happen.

In all serious though, things could be worse so I am fortunate we have insurance - and that no one was hurt with my temporary memory loss.  Pics to follow.        

1 comment:

  1. I think the only comment this post needs is "oh shit!"

    ReplyDelete